This is my beautiful little girl, Adaline. I absolutely adore her sweet spirit, and can’t believe how much she has grown in the past year! Not only has she grown and changed physically, but she also has begun to show so much more of her personality. And let me tell you, she has got one crazy personality. She is strong, resiliant, funny, sweet, snuggly (when she wants to be), crazy, excited about life, eager to learn and grow, super smart. Of course, I may be a bit biased as her mama. But I have loved watching this sweet girl grow. I’ll admit, I’m a bit scared for the next stage, haha. She’s already started having temper tantrums!
TIPS for doing monthly photos:
1. I puchased a nursery garland from The Grey Rose (an etsy shop). The first two photos you’ll see the garland I purchased, very simple. I wanted to add more colors, so I then purchased loose flowers, which was awesome because I could put them where I wanted (the only downside to the garland—it was harder to get the flowers exactly where I wanted them.
2. The little rug she’s laying on is actually a piece of fluffy fabric I purchased from Hobby Lobby (40% off too!).
3. I took all the photos indoors, near a good light source, usually a window. I didn’t put her too close to the window because then the shadows would have been too dark. I would open the blinds and then back away until the light and the shadows weren’t too intense. You can see I didn’t do the best job of this on month 5—got some dark shadows there.
4. Someone else to distract the baby! I usually tried to take these after nap time when she was most happy.
5. Just do it! Sometimes the hardest is just getting it done, especially when life gets crazy. Several times I had to take the fabric and flowers with me, so some of these shots were taken at Grandma’s house in Utah.
Don’t hesitate to ask me anything!! I’m always willing to share.